Year 10 GCSE Geography homework questions/tasks:
- What is the term used to describe the distance over which waves build up?
- Why are waves on the south coast so powerful?
- Draw a series of labelled diagrams to show how Lulworth Cove was formed
- Draw a labelled diagram to show how longshore drift works - include the terms; updrift, downdrift, swash and backwash
- What have been built along Bournemouth beach to protect it from coastal erosion
- How do groynes work? - You could draw a diagram if you wish
- Describe the impact the groynes at Bournemouth have had on Barton On Sea
- Explain why this has happened
- Why did they decide not to protect the homes at Barton On Sea?